Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mitchell Report

Well, my intention was to just read a few pages of the Mitchell report to see a few player's names that I cared about. I ended up reading about 225 pages of it! Got hooked.


If you're a baseball fan, you may or may not want to read this:


http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/071213/mitchell_report.pdf


I was astounded at how some of this stuff went down. We all heard about the BALCO raid and scandal, but the details in this report about it are fascinating.


We all knew that steroids had been a part of not only Major League Baseball, but many other sports for some time now.


It's just a shocker to read, in detail, the method of operation for some of these trainers, players, clubhouse personnel, and even some of the GM's.


I just made fascinating reading for me, and I'm not a big reader. The first 50 pages or so are more about the history of how baseball dealt with early drug problems and how over time new concerns and policies were put into place. After that, it starts with BALCO, and goes from there. Check it out, and let me know what you think.


(FYI...This is a list of current and former Brewers that were detailed in the report: Current: Eric Gagne, Derrick Turnbow Former: Gary Sheffield, Fernando ViƱa, Ricky Bones, Darren Holmes, Josias Manzanillo, Ron Villone, Gary Bennett, David Bell and Steve Woodard)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment